The Orca S7 men’s wetsuit is designed for the swimmer that benefits from extra buoyancy. The S7 was created to elevate the position of the swimmer in the water. This is achieved without compromising elasticity when it comes to swim strokes.
- The SCS coating on the neoprene reduces friction and helps to increase speed by repelling water and reducing restriction.
- Zero Chafing – the lining in the neck area reduces friction, is soft to the touch and better for contact with the skin, this reduces the likelihood of chafing.
- The S7 elevates you as much as possible by using 5mm neoprene in the hips and legs. This helps keep your lower body at the surface while swimming.
- 3mm neoprene is located on the chest area to help prevent too much body movement during breathing, The 2mm Yamamoto 39 cell panels on the forearms, shoulders and arms help to improve flexibility.
- Hydrolite 39 cell Yamamoto panels in the lower legs help facilitate fast transitions by making it easier to remove the wetsuit.
Surf Swim School Verdict:
Year on year this is one of our most popular wetsuits and a stalwart of the Orca range. It’s a great price for all the Yamamoto tech it includes.
Best suited to swimmers that swim freestyle and need some additional leg buoyancy to achieve the optimal body position in the water. Great for triathlon swimmers or swimmers that don’t like to kick much as it’s not far off the same experience as swimming with a pull buoy!
It’s a really nice, cruisey wetsuit and for those that swim in fresh water you might appreciate the additional leg buoyancy this wetsuit gives you.
About the Surf Swim School:
We are an open water swimming school and club based in Westward Ho, North Devon. If you would like to come and join some of our training sessions you can find out timetable here and we swim all year round!
If you are new to open water swimming or looking for a few hints and tips you may find some useful articles in our blog, mostly written by our coaching team. You can find our blog archive here.