We are a small school delivering excellent surfing, open water swimming, swimming, personal training and SLSGB coaching. When you learn to surf with us you will enjoy a fun environment with engaging lessons and always in small groups. Ocean sports are our passion so you will always receive a highly personal service, expert coaching and at competitive prices. Here are a few other things that set us apart from the rest…and please read our Tripadvisor reviews too…
Open Water swimming:
- Open water qualified coach so you’re learning from an experienced coach with the technical knowledge to help you improve.
- Sessions dedicated to open water swimming held every week at Barnstaple 25m pool, Torrington 25m pool and Bude Sea pool (91m x 45m)
- Patient and friendly staff to help you overcome any fears of the sea
- Celebrate your progress with our open water swimming achievement awards
- All open water sessions run with full SLSGB qualified safety cover with support during the summer months from the RNLI beach lifeguards
- We work with you to develop your open water technique so you can master your open water skills, be safe and, if you want to, compete.
- Fully qualified Beach Lifeguard accompanies every sea swim & sea pool session
- Regular coached open water swims available through the summer departing from Westward Ho beach, Saunton beach and Ilfracombe.
- Always small groups
- Training tailored to your goals
- Learn to surf with us and we guarantee you will always be in a small group (usually 6 students per coach) because you’re here to learn and you can’t do that if you’re just one of a crowd!
- Highly qualified, motivated & experienced coaches with worldwide experience who constantly deliver excellent surfing lessons. We take care to recruit the best coaches so they can deliver an outstanding learn to surf experience for our customers which means personal attention, personal goals and working with you.
- Surfboard concierge – we carry the equipment to the sand so you don’t have to.
- Great location – surfing at Westward Ho is fantastic fun for all levels of surfer with its long sandy beach, summer RNLI lifeguard support and a full range of amenities close by
- When you learn to surf with the Surf and Swim School you access the beach via a short, flat stroll down to the slipway so you have more time surfing.
- As your surfing skills improve we celebrate your surfing achievements with our Surfer Achievement awards scheme. A free scheme for our customers that rewards you for the hard work and successes
- All of our surf coaches are full SLSGB Beach Lifeguard qualified & ISA Surf Coach because safety is our priority
- Brand new Circle One equipment and wetsuits each season with a full range of boards for all levels.
- Range of amenities near the school including cafes, shops, amusements, Go-Karts, adventure golf, fish & chips, and, most importantly, ice cream!
- Contact us now for more information
Pool Swimming at Barnstaple & Torrington:
- Swim with confidence and improve your swimming with Coaches that hold internationally accredited qualifications. Most of our coaches still compete worldwide, so they understand your goals and will help you achieve them!
- Specialist Masters, club swimmers, surf life saving and beginner sessions available each week because you will progress faster in a supportive and fun environment.
- Our coaches work with you to set targets and focus on the things that are important to you because having something to aim for builds your confidence and delivers continual improvement – which equals smiles!
- Low ratio of swimmers per lane because nobody likes pool traffic!
- Available at Barnstaple & Torrington 25m pools
- Group lessons, one2one coaching and lesson packages available so there’s an environment and programme right for your individual needs
- Affiliated Swim England Swim School so you can achieve Swim England awards and monitor your progress
We are an accredited training centre for Surf Life Saving GB, registered swim school with Swim England and a registered beach operator with Torridge Council.
Call us on 01237 720130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your sessions